Regulations and Disclosures
- Category: ACADEMICS
California Education Code (CEC) section 94934 requires institutions to submit an annual report to the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) that includes the following.
- The total number of students enrolled by level of degree or for a diploma;
- The number of degrees, by level, and diplomas awarded;
- The degree levels and diplomas offered;
- The Performance Fact Sheet
- The school catalog
- The total charges for each educational program
- A statement indicating whether the institution is, or is not, current in remitting Student Tuition Recovery Fund assessments;
- A statement indicating whether an accrediting agency has taken any final disciplinary action against the institution, if applicable;
- Additional information deemed by the Bureau to be reasonably required to ascertain compliance with the law.
- Annual Report (2017)
- School Performance Fact Sheet
- Sample Enrollment Agreement
- Brochures & Newsletters
- Consumer Information Disclosure
Hawthorn University is approved to operate programs in holistic nutrition by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE); school code #48441699. Hawthorn University is a private not for profit institution approved to operate by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education. Approval to operate means the institution is compliant with the minimum standards contained in the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009 (as amended) and Division 7.5 of Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations.
On September 7, 2016, the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education renewed Hawthorn University's (Institution Code: 48441699) approval to operate for 5 years. Any questions a student may have regarding the approval of the BPPE that have not been satisfactorily answered by the institution may be directed to the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education at 2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400, Sacramento, CA 95833, P.O. Box 980818, West Sacramento, CA 95798-0808, Web Address: http://www.bppe.ca.gov; Telephone: (888) 370-7589 or (916) 431-6959 or by fax (916) 263-1897.
A student or any member of the public may file a complaint about this institution with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education by calling (888) 370-7589 or by completing a complaint form, which can be obtained on the bureau's Internet Web site at www.bppe.ca.gov.
See statement on page 7 of Assembly Bill No. 2296, Chapter 585.
Enrollment and Graduation Statistics as of 12/26/18
In the past 3 years (2016-2018), Hawthorn enrolled 107 new students. Of this total, 52 (49%) students are still enrolled and making progress toward their degree or certificate and 8 (7%) have graduated for a combined success rate of 56%.
In the past 3 years (2016-2018), Hawthorn enrolled 57 new students in degree programs. Of this total, 31 (54%) students are still enrolled and making progress toward their degree and 3 (5%) have graduated for a combined success rate of 59%.
In the past 3 years (2016-2018), Hawthorn enrolled 50 new certificate program students. Of this total, 21 (42%) students are still enrolled and making progress toward their certificate and 8 (7%) have graduated for a combined success rate of 56%.